Shooting Star Academy
If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are Dueling Network. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.

HomeSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inPortalCalendarUsergroupsFAQ
Do you think you are one of the best duelists out there? Prove it to us by competing in the Shooting Storm Tournament to join the new dorm of Shooting Storm! Join HERE!

Share | 

Application Form

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor

PostSubject: Application Form   Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:08 am

Interested in becoming a Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, Dorm staff, Or Even a Teacher?Here is where you can apply and hopefully make the job. Be sure you qualify by using the checklist below:
Requirments
------------
You have a post count of 20 or more (this is to show that your activity is very well appreciated on these forums.)
You have a minimum of 50 points on your forum account.
You are fully aware of the forum rules and our terms of service.
If you qualify, reply to this topic with your application by answering the below questions:
Questions
------------
Do you have any experience in forums moderation? If so please specify with links or anything that can show us what you be have been a part of.
If you are successful in your application, which section(s) of the forum would you preferably want to be assigned?
Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not.
Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. (The academy is full of individual minds that aren't always going to agree with your ideas/views, and criticism will come your way, however, you will never be disrespected.)
Are you currently active on this forum? If not, why should we think you will be active enough to contribute to our academy?
Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? (The forum is mainly composed of English speakers so a good knowledge of the English language is required in order to communicate with staff, and members that may require your help.)
Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific.

[b]If You Don't Play Madolche, Your Stupid, Simple As That. Madolche Have All That Fun Packed Inside That Just About Every one Of Us Needs. And Besides, Who Doesn't Like A Good Dessert Every Now And Then? Cute, Fun, And Deadly. Forget The Meta, Forget The BS, I'm Playing Madolche.[/bi]
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sevendrawstosix
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm

I wouldn't mind being a chancellor, but I don't have any experience except being a vice-chancelor here
But can a chancellor still test?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rare hunter seeker

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:30 am

Do you have any experience in forums moderation? If so please specify with links or anything that can show us what you be have been a part of?

i have been tester at 5 academies, admin at a few different ones, owner of 3 academies in total, and got into the highest dorm in every academy i care about.
adminship
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

If you are successful in your application, which section(s) of the forum would you preferably want to be assigned?

doesnt matter. what ever you need help in

Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone? Please specify why you work well with a team or not.
i dont mind with a team or not because i know the admin panal pretty well.

Can you handle criticism well? If not, please explain. (The academy is full of individual minds that aren't always going to agree with your ideas/views, and criticism will come your way, however, you will never be disrespected.)

yes i can because you can never be liked 100% by everyone. there is always someone who wont agree with you.

Are you currently active on this forum? If not, why should we think you will be active enough to contribute to our academy?
because if im selected, then i will be on everyday. there has to be purpose for people to be on. i figured being in a higher position will make me more active.

Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? (The forum is mainly composed of English speakers so a good knowledge of the English language is required in order to communicate with staff, and members that may require your help.) english is my first language

Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific. because ik mostly everything about every position. so i can moved around if i am neeeded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:51 pm

i would like to become a teach i am experienced with it i am a admin and mod at two different academy's and i am a tester in another and i teacher in another just like i wanna be in here so would would like for u to consider me as a teacher because i am experienced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:17 pm

I wanna be a Admin...
Im Rly Long Here now And im experienced in bring Mod. So now i think its Time to become an Admin. I know how to use The Administration Panel.
Also i saw it often that ppl Need an Admin And no1 is on...
So just make ma to One, please...
Back to top Go down
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:46 pm

please answer the questions that are posted

[b]If You Don't Play Madolche, Your Stupid, Simple As That. Madolche Have All That Fun Packed Inside That Just About Every one Of Us Needs. And Besides, Who Doesn't Like A Good Dessert Every Now And Then? Cute, Fun, And Deadly. Forget The Meta, Forget The BS, I'm Playing Madolche.[/bi]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Do you have any experience in forums moderation?

I am rly long mod here, also i was owner of an academy, but it failed....
so i know th admin panel.

Administration

Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone?

I can do both. i am working well witha team, cause i am always there to tell wat is not good, and wat can get improved. (i think u know this)

Can you handle criticism well?

Yes i can. When its good i 1 ill change the criticed thing. and when its bad 1 (reasonless 1) than ill try to show the criticing person whets wrong.

Are you currently active on this forum?

Yes iim very active. im on every day, and im posting sth everyday. Im testing ppl whenn needed and im always ther for answering questions.

Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English?

No, im born in germany and my main language is german. But im rly good in english at shool (2+). also every1 here knows that i cna talk english fluent. (when its not about pokemon names)

Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for? Be specific.

Cause im here for rly long now, and i dun much to improve this academy. im mod since i logged in here and that was 1st day of academy, so its also time for a rankup i think. Also every1 here knows me. And at the and i saw often that there where ppl who needed an admin, and i was on there, like im nearly all day on. so this would hppen more less.

I hope that i told enough and hope that illl get the position.

Back to top Go down
rare hunter seeker

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm

! Shooting Quasar Dragon wrote:
please answer the questions that are posted

i did days ago and im still waiting for an answer to my application SQD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rare hunter seeker

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:14 pm

im surprised in the academy needing positions, they arent being reviewed at all. im starting to think you guys dont need positions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"The Chibi Monkey"

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:26 am

I am a moderator in Ninja Saga forums. Ninja Saga is a Facebook game based off of Naruto. [Only admins are allowed to see this link] <-- Check for Ninja's Clan and you will see someone listed as "Shuno_Makura". That person is me. I clean the threads there every month.. When I got into the position (months ago) there was over 7,000 threads and I cleaned them all out just last month. Now I am cleaning the forum there every month.

Tester to help out with testing. I'd go with admin, but you guys are full. ^^;

I work very well in teams, it's better cause I get to hear many opinions. It also helps when you're looking for cons in your ideas. I always want to hear others opinions, right or wrong. People are entitled to an opinion, that is life. People have different perspectives, and I respect that. Different perspectives can form better ideas, because it is not purely based on bias. If you're right, I'll admit it, but if you're wrong, I'll let you know without being disrespectful to the best of my abilities and defend my point. I cannot promise I won't be disrespectful for many reasons, 1 being that things happen and I believe this may happen. If it does, then I am truly sorry for being disrespectful.

I think this is kinda answered at the same time about the previous question.

I am very active. If I'm here, I'm always going to be around the chatbox. Smile

Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English? (The forum is mainly composed of English speakers so a good knowledge of the English language is required in order to communicate with staff, and members that may require your help.)

English is not my first language, Vietnamese is. ^^ I also speak some Spanish, but I know English more.

I know what spam is and I know how to handle it. I have been working with forums for a long time and know the protocols and unspoken rules. Also, I have a vast knowledge of computers (Photoshop, cookies, IP ***, ect All the good stuff!). I really want this position, I am willing to waste my whole day to serve this forum along with others. I know what topics should be where, and will mentioned it. If I get the position I plan to aid this forum to the best of my abilities! I am somewhat familiar with admin controls (if tester's even have one anyways). I would also like to point out that I know a lot about Yu-gi-oh! and am very knowledgeable on the subject. I would like the staff to consider my application seriously, as I am serious about this position, I am not just posting this for fun. I plan to do good for this forum, and make it the best it can be, whether it is removing spam or moving topics, helping others, or doing back ground maintenance stuff. Thank you for reading!

EDIT: I just recently cleaned out my subtopic forum again cause of clan war (function in the game; monthly thing) season just ended. I have only 3 topics there now, but they're all mine cause they remind the player about the rules, Free agents thread, and my report on cleaning the forum (which I still have to do).

If you press the rep up button on the right side, you totally deserve a cookie!

"gemiikid14: we are those fan guuuuurls~~~"

Need a deck? Need a deck to be built? Got DP on your hands? COME TO GRIMMY'S DECKSHOP FOR DECKS. CH'YEAAAAAAAAAAAH. Selling 40+ Decks and customizing decks for players! Over 15 sells! Come on down... Give me your DP. xD

Hello there, my name is Grimmy. I would like to educate you on the Chibi Monkey population. Currently I am the last sole survivor of such an incredible race. Today instead of giving your hard earned DP to Sarah McLachlan's Animal Cruelty Video you can instead help the need of repopulating the Chibi Monkey Population at a donation, a very small donation of 500 dp minimum. MAY THE CHIBI MONKIES LIVEEEE. Err-- how will I reproduce? Hookers, no questions asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Forum moderation and administration on french forums
My forum http://jonetsu-yume.jeun.fr/
Formations's forum http://www.school-of-pub.net/ i am matt (i left this forum a month ago)
And a french yugioh forum but it was broken by owner ^^
And Finally, a Manga forum that also was broken

I'd like to be a tester , cuz i love duel and I practice practice practice it Very Happy

Do you work well with others as a team or do you prefer to work alone?
I can do both, because be team's member needs to know work well with others, but you have to work alone too because the team has trust in you

Can you handle criticism well?
Yes, I am very exigent with myself.

Are you currently active on this forum?
I think Yes
Is English your first language?
No, English isn't my first language, My first language is french, and i know few Spanish, but i think i have a good level in english even if i do few mistakes , i understand what people are telling on the chat, and i can communicate with them correctly ^^
Why should we pick you out of everyone else for the position(s) you are applying for?
Why? I am Just a Player who wants to adviser other players without be aggressive, I already have been tested, and my tester was aggressive with me...And I won't be like that with my future tests if i'll join you ^^
I Know lot of things and i'll can help you (i already helped Mindy to panel for example) , and i have a good knowledge on HTML/CSS, I am always looking for creative decks, even if sometimes i am getting trashing, but lose or win is a second option , Duel is good Very Happy

Thank you in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
xXxstrifexXx

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:16 pm

I've been in forum's before but i have done nothing like moderation mainly a recruiter.

i would be a tester, what i'm used to do in forums anyway.

an you handle criticism well? If not, please explain.

yes it is impossible to get under my skin if there just yelling at me online

are you currently active on this forum? If not, why should we think you will be active enough to contribute to our academy?

i am one of the most active member's here you can see me on almost every day (never have nothing to do) also i'v been here like 3 months or so and already have one of the most posts

Is English your first language? If not, what's your first language, and are you fluent in English?

yes it is i know a little Spanish.

I will not get mad, i will increase activity (if made a tester) and i'm on pretty much everyday.

i hope i get the job O.o

my deck shop .......>[Only admins are allowed to see this link]<

my team just pm me on dn if u wanna join........>[Only admins are allowed to see this link]<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dominique LeBeau
Chancellor
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 am

Topic is closed for now due to a high staff count

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application Form   

Back to top Go down

Application Form
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1